This week we welcome one of our great friends from the North Stand Block 419 – Rob Montague.
I didn’t choose spurs, spurs chose me. A local boy expected to support his local team passed down through the generations, and to be honest I wouldn’t have it any other way. I was 7 years old when I attended my first game at White Hart Lane, a 2-2 draw against Norwich in the summer of 75.
1) As a youngster – who was your Spurs hero?
As a youngster my spurs hero was Glenn Hoddle, and to this very day he still is.
2) Who is your favourite player from the current Squad?
My favourite player from the current squad is Son. I admire his effort ever time he pulls on the shirt and always gives 100%, but I must admit Harry Kane pushes him close.
3) From World football, who would you most like to see in a Spurs shirt?
The one person who I would like to see in a spurs shirt from world football would have to be Lionel Messi, but if Maradona was still playing it would definitely be him.
4) What is your favourite piece of Spurs memorabilia?
I am not one for collecting memorabilia, as I prefer to look forward and not back. Although, I was bought a rather nice watch to commemorate the demolition of WHL.
5) Where in the world have you watched Spurs live other than UK?
Holland and Spain, although not very often lately.
6) Which former player would you love to see in the current squad?
The one former player I would love to see most in the current squad would be Gazza.
7) Most memorable Spurs moment?
The Ajax game last year would be right up there, but my favourite moment was being stood in the shelf for the ‘84 UEFA Cup Final, the best night of my life.
8) Who was your most disappointing Spurs signing?
Roberto Saldado, although he wasn’t given enough game time to show what he could really do.
9) Which Spurs players (3) would you chose to join you if you were on Come Dine With Me?
10) All time Spurs XI (any formation)
Team of 11:
10. Clive Allen
11. Harry Kane
Follow Rob on Twitter: @Robmontague4